Table of Contents
How To Recover Your Gmail Account? Gmail is a free web-based email service provider from Google. It allows users to send and receive emails using a web browser or through third-party programs. Gmail offers a user-friendly interface, spam filtering, and integration with other Google services such as Google Drive and Google Calendar. Additionally, Gmail provides users with a generous amount of storage space for their emails and attachments, which makes it a popular choice for personal and professional email use. Nowadays, Gmail has become the biggest mailing network around the globe because of the increase in contact between people, and most people use Gmail as their email service provider.
Most people forget the password to their Gmail account, and below are some ways that how to recover your Gmail account.
Use Google’s Account Recovery page:
Go to the Google Account Recovery page (https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery).
Enter the email address or phone number associated with the Gmail account you want to recover, and click “Next”.
You will be asked a series of questions to verify your identity, such as your full name, previous passwords, and answers to security questions.
Once you have successfully verified your identity, you will be prompted to create a new password for your Gmail account.
Enter and confirm your new password, and click “Reset Password” to complete the account recovery process.
You will be redirected to the Gmail login page, where you can log in using your newly created password.
Use your recovery email address
Below are the steps on how to recover your Gmail account by using recovery email address:
- Go to the Gmail login page (https://mail.google.com/) and click on the “Forgot password?” link.
- Enter the email address for which you want to recover the password and click “Next.”
- You will be prompted to enter the last password you remember. If you don’t remember any, click on the “Try another way” link.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the recovery email address that you provided when you signed up for your Gmail account. Enter that email address and click “Next”.
- Google will send a verification code to your recovery email address. Open your recovery email account and look for the email from Google. The subject line of the email should be “Security alert for your linked Google Account”. Note down the verification code.
- Go back to the Gmail login page and enter the verification code in the space provided. Click “Next”.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to create a new password for your Gmail account. Choose a strong and unique password that you haven’t used before. Confirm the new password and click “Change password”.
Use your recovery phone number:
- Go to the Gmail login page (https://mail.google.com/).
- Enter your email address and click on “Forgot password?”
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the last password you remember using with your account. If you can’t remember any, simply click on “Try another way” below the password field.
- Now, you will see a screen asking you to enter the recovery phone number associated with your account. Enter the phone number and click “Next”.
- You will receive a verification code at the phone number you provided. Enter the verification code on the screen and click “Next”.
- If the verification code is correct, you will now be able to create a new password for your account. Enter a new password and confirm it.
- Click on “Reset Password” to finalise the password reset process.
- You will now be redirected to the Gmail login page. Use your new password to log in to your account.
Answer security questions:
If you set up security questions when you signed up for your account, you can use them to recover your account. Go to the Gmail login page, enter your email address, and click “Forgot password?” Follow the prompts and answer the security questions when asked and that is how you retrieve your Gmail password.
Contact Google Support:
If none of the above methods work, you can contact Google support for assistance in recovering your account.
You can also check other articles on our website: